Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I am having a problem with my 2014 Nissan XtrailThe key

Customer Question

Hi I am having a problem with my 2014 Nissan Xtrail
The key error light is on and the N on the dashboard is not working
When you put in drive the transmission slams into gear
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need to be diagnosed and repaired.This needs done with a compatible scan tool that can communicate with all computers.This may be an issue with the ignition switch itself as I have seen some of these fail causing transmission issues as well as the ignition key fault light.If you have had the codes checked post the code info here if you can. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
B2604-00
Is the code from Nissan dealer
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.
Can you tell me what liter engine is in this model here?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
1997cc
MR20
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.
O.k.,unfortunately my info is limited on this model here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete