Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

2011 ford raptor. Shifts hard into 3rd and 5th gear in upshift

Customer Question

2011 ford raptor. Shifts hard into 3rd and 5th gear in upshift or downshift. Trans got to 260 yesterday after towing through the mountains. Temp went back down to 215 as soon as I got off the highway. Seems strange it would cool off that quick. Been shifting hard in 3 and 5 ever since then.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with the transmissions. The Transmission Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I think it maybe a programming issue.
JA: Is there anything else the Transmission Mechanic should be aware of about your transmissions?
Customer: Never had any issues until now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Transmission Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Was the check engine light on at all during this?