Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years GM master tech
19513769

My 93 Cherokee sport goes into gear but will not move in either

Customer Question

My 93 Cherokee sport goes into gear but will not move in either R or D. Transmission line came apart from hose and I fixed it and replaced lost fluids but will not reverse or drive. Any help will be appreciated.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry for the long waitwas it being driven when the line came off ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
if the line is fixed and the fluid is full and it will not move in any gear i am sorry to say when it was loosing the fluid from the line when driving it the clutches inside the transmission were damaged and this transmission needs to come out and be rebuilt or replacedthese are cut and dry if the fluid is full it should move no matter what unless something internally has failed inside the transmissionif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I didn't take in consideration the fact that it may have been leaking while I drove and I only replaced what I saw had come out when I parked it. I will have to make sure it's full later when I'm off work. thank you
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
anytimeyou can always get me back for FREE for any follow up anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswerif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer