sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Po0748 trans not shifting have to run up the gears. No slipping

Customer Question

Po0748 trans not shifting have to run up the gears. No slipping when I shift
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Jeep starts in drive won't shift into over drive. Won't down sft to passing gear. And won't idel.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had the codes read. Chech vaccume checked all sensors for connection
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: The codes have read many different problems. This time was only the po 0748. Come up O2 sensor before, vaccume leak. And preheater
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Jeep Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!P0748 is for the governor pressure solenoid on the valve body. It will take some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on, possible causes include the solenoid itself, loss of power to the trans (not likely without any other codes setting), or it could be an open circuit or short to power or ground on the solenoid control wire. Odds are the problem is the solenoid itself. It's located on the right side of the valve body, to the right of the filter.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I found all that information in the book and online. Dosent account for the idling problem or does? it that was part of my question I don't feel like I got my answer I thought I was getting the knowledge to fix it there was no help in a fix. Just what the problem was and I already knew that I realize my question went through a third party which doesn't work for me I thought I'd be speaking with you directly not worth the $26 I spent
I don't have a way of knowing what information you already know or what kind of help you're looking for without communication. I have only the information posted on the page. As I mentioned the governor transducer is mounted on the right side of the valve body. To replace it you need to remove the pan, unplug the solenoid, remove the four 7/16" bolts and two T-25 screws holding the governor body on, drop it down and remove the solenoid.No vehicle information was posted with the question. I'll need to know a model, year and engine size to discuss an idle issue, which the site woudl ask be posted as a spearte question because it isn't related to the trnamission issue.