Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.

1997 e320 wont shift I heard that the floor shift could be

Customer Question

1997 e320 wont shift I heard that the floor shift could be the problem electrical issues in it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: kind of hard shift from reveres to drive when driving it will not even try to shift just drove home in 1st or second gear
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to determine if the shift issue you are having is an internal problem or an electronic control issue the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause.