Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1

PeasrlJA: Would you mind explaining that?Customer:

Customer Question

Hi Peasrl
JA: Would you mind explaining that?
Customer: I'm trying to find out if the 1997 mazda Miata has a butoon of lever to unstick the transmission ?
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 19 yrs
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Yes
JA: Noted. IÂ’ll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car starts fine.When trying to put the car in reverse it is very hard to do.Once in reverse it's hard to get it into first gear.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it a mater of a button or lever yes.That would be the extent of my ability.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it !
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello can you tell me if this is the automatic or manual transmisson
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you