Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years

Dave. 4L80e code 85, shifts hard JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

Dave. 4L80e code 85, shifts hard
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1995 4x4 2500 suburban 7.4 chassi under a '52 willys truck, howell after market wire harness, speed sensor on transfer case.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.
it is shifting hard because it has went into default and the line pressure is at max..
the cause may be the input speed sensor or you may have an internal transmission failure[it may be slipping]
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]. the link doesn’t work that way, try it this If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help