Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have a 2001 Winnebago journey motor home with a 275hp Cummings

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Winnebago journey motor home with a 275hp Cummings 5.9 ISB, 580 FT lbs tourqe. Allison 2000mh. I would like 700+ lbs could I get this tourqe with the 2000 mh or should I change the trans to a 3000mh . And would the 3000mh fit in the same space? And would the swap require any other components other than the 3000mh trans.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases you would need to speak with a transmission repair facility or dealer on this to see if this can be done with your transmission or if another can be installed in its place to give you what you need here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.They can usually tell you at no charge to you and is usually the best places to find this info out as they can physically look your model over to see what will work. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I seem to have received very little to no info on the comparability, size , shape, length etc. on the weak link in my rv. Or even a recommendation. The sales tax alone on a coach with the power I crave is 7500 to 10000$ love the coach we have
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already located donor trans. Approx. 3000$ I have info on how to get hp. from 5.9 cooling does not seem to be a factor.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
I apologize as this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do. Thanks Pete