Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

Kris. 2001 chrysler town and country. I changed shift solenoids.

Customer Question

kris. 2001 chrysler town and country. I changed shift solenoids. reset computer and did a fluid flush but it wont shift out of second as takes time to build up speed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: daily driver, 234000 miles. Was working fine then when i was driving it would if i came to a stop the transmission would pop into neutral. buld up rpm it would frop back into gear. Reverse would engage everytime the first time but drive i would have to increase rpm for a second and hold before it would shift into first. it would pick up speed fine. sometimes wouldnt shift into overdrive, if i pulled over and turned it off for just a second and restart and start driving it would shift into overdrive fine. Drove it till i got enough money to get a cheap roadside car because it was to cold to work on. got nice replaced the valve solenoid and fluid flush and new filter reset computer, now it takes forever to build up speed and wont shift out of second. comes back with seven transmission codes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 6 months ago.
can you post the codes?