Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

06 Chevy Impala ls 3.5 so as the car is on gear reverse or

Customer Question

06 Chevy Impala ls 3.5 so as the car is on gear reverse or drive as I come to a complete stop car shakes like if it wants to turn off
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: No so when I accelerate it hesitate to go almost like if the gears are slipping I replaced all the mount service the transmission and replaced the serpentine belt
JA: What else is going on? Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I'm aware off yet
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  JFN1 replied 7 months ago.
This sounds like a transmission concern from your description. Does it seem like a transmission concern to you? This is ascertained by feel, the technician would drive it and be able to distinguish whether it's a transmission problem, or an engine that's simply low on power.