Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

1)How can i get my piston stock.As this will enable me

Customer Question

.
(1)How can i get my piston stock.As this will enable me calculate for the flange that will match the clearance for rebuilding Toyota transmission highlander 2010 or at what psi pressure will i introduce to get my piston stock.as this will enable me calculate for the flange that will match theclearance for rebuilding Toyota transmission highlander 2010
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. Usually the best place to speak to on this here would be a machine shop that does engine rebuilds.They can order in stock piston sizes as well as help with any tolerances or clearances you need here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my question is not yet answer.in rebuilding toyota avalon 2005 transmission,toyota Camry 2005-6,7 and toyota highlander 2010 they uses same transmission type.how can i get the transmission piston stroke as this will enable me get my clearance .Accoding to MITCHELL ALLDATA REPAIR SOLUTION they gave me this formula and i can't understand it.that clearance is 1.16-1.35mm.
hower,HINT:PISTON STROKE=DIMENSION A- FLANGE (this calculation is for first and reverse break clearance)which will enable me select the right flange for the clearance.than for second break is HINT:PISTON STROKE=DIMENSION B-FLANGE-1.6(snap ring)back to my question? how can i get my piston stroke to ensure that my clearance is ok.or at what psi pressure of air will i introduces that will give me my piston stroke.(i am talking about transmission piston stroke not engine piston stroke). Because i am having shift problem of the transmission when i rebuilding due to clearance problem. i will be very happy if i get this problem salve through your help
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK.i am waiting for your respond
Best regardsEberoma matthew