mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Lots of times when I put the car in gear it goes clump and

Customer Question

Lots of times when I put the car in gear it goes clump and jerks the car. It also feels like the tranny is slipping sometimes
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I think so
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: don't think so
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
what year make and model vehicle do you have?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2007 Nissan Quest
do you hear the clunk everytime you accelerate or only when you pump it in gear?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If I am sitting ideling like at a fast food place when I start to go it does it bad
ok so the clunk is most likely a engine mount that has gone bad and at highway speeds it can make it feel like the trans is slipping. i would have the engine mount issue looked at first and fixed before looking at the transmission.