Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I have a dodge pickup-2007-1500quad cab-6.25 bed-3 speed transmissionJ

Customer Question

i have a dodge pickup-2007-1500quad cab-6.25 bed-3 speed transmission
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: when i`m going down the road and cruising in drive gear-the transmission will occassionly buck or chatter when i let off the gas petal-i have had the transmission fluid changed twice and flushed -do i need to take this in to a transmission specialist ?????
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: good
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: towing capacity-for camping trailer
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Does the check engine light come on while driving? Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no-no lite-truck runs strong no problems but i`m going to buy a camping trailer and concerned about the transmission
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Ok, then you have a problem with the transmission's torque converter and /or front pump. Knowing this, I highly recommend having a transmission shop or dealer check the torque converter and have it diagnosed before you do anything else. This would be money well spent. I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly rate my service today? If you need further assistance, I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply? Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, if you are satisfied with my answer, would you kindly rate my service today? Thank you. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Chris