Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

2003 Jetta shifting problems P0773 and P0764 error codes.

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Transmission won't shift until 4000 RPM, and only shifts into 2nd gear
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cleared the OBD codes, and the car now shifts normally.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. do you still need help with this? thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't need help at this point.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.
ok got it!!! if you do just let me know !! Wolfgang