Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have an 2004 hyundai accent base 1.6l DoCh 4cyc car and

Customer Question

Hi I have an 2004 hyundai accent base 1.6l DoCh 4cyc car and I have recently replaced my engine personally with my friend and had raised my trans mission 4 speed automatic A/T which is the issue I am needing to fix used all old A/T bolts ect. And replaced with new spf3 at oil filter and gaset after unlocking Transmissions safety lock key where my tranie would not allow me to to push button manually to put my consol shifter into any gears until I some how fixed my console shift completely to reverse then slowly moveing it while manually pushing elect. Buttion to move my shifter up and down gears got it to move easily afterwards was able to start my car and with it hard shifting accrued to reverse then shot into Drive and over drive after pushing gas pedal to accelerated hi 2 3rpm engine ideling move forward relaxed gas pedal to deacelerate and my trans mission would not go into gear although still sitting in drive car will only engine reving but will not shift any gears including reverse. Ect ... I would have to turn the car off use console shifter button push down with key to put in park to be able to restart my engine allowing me to repeatedly continue same problem with trans mission needding correct guidance to info or pinpointed problem fixer solution please help!
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 7 years old righside drivers drive axle her teath as well was striped a little but where you insert drivers side drive axcel part into trans mission when I bought it two years ago as a diyself fix project car was totaled had nothe but basically the front firewall of car where the staring Front wheel staring colum sitts for tire whelemovement support all was entirely reconstructed back to factory style but relizing my transmission drive axles looked as if it stripped on transmission axil insert on A/T access bent at an inverted angel on passenger side drive axcel and major perverted Drivers side drive axcel causeing damage to part insert. A/T's indeteded unword drive axcel teath slightly striped damaged oil deal acel all leaking fluid was replaced accent axcel gear built in on the transmission's drivers side might as well help with transmission identifying Trans. Problem my engine had 150000miles on it when bought replesed same engine type and year 2004 engine with only 135,000miles on the electronic mileage dashbaord
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Well not shift at all in any shift gears but engine will run idleing high between at 2-3Ron's will not properly idle at low idleing and At trans fluid leavle full at for corretly with issues with rubber at fluid rubber overflow cap spilling sod 3 transmission fluid all over transmission truer readjusting engine idling cable to lower my rpms are to high will not idle in park normally still set on high rpms idleing
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No just any possible places to start working at fixing and possible web based address sites to go to for information
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect and make sure everything was installed and put back into place correctly.Check and make sure all wiring and connections including any ground connections are all secured and in the correct positions as this can cause an issue like this here in some cases as well.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete