Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.

My 2008 STS V8 appears to be having electronic problems, transmission

Customer Question

My 2008 STS V8 appears to be having electronic problems, transmission will not shift out of park, windows don't go down, driver's door locks nearly every time, cannot unlock it with keyfob and previously had to replace electronics for transmission at high cost. Tried rebooting it, and that did not work.
Submitted: 6 months ago via
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to begin to diagnose your shift lock concern you are going to need to start first with scanning the system to see what the fault code is that should be setting when the shift lock fails. If you can get this done and post back with the fault code and or codes we can work from there to determine the cause and the steps to correct it.