ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

Sentra: Jay, I have a Nissan Sentra S 2004 automatic 150k

Customer Question

Hi Jay, I have a Nissan Sentra S 2004 automatic 150k with a flashing O/D and a P2138 code. Symptoms: car jerks when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Things that I've done: change ATF, clean MAF, replace and clean Throttle Body, replace gas pedal, do relearn procedure.
I would like to mention that the 'jump' sensation is only felt with 1st to 2nd shift and that if this symptom happens and I stop, turn off the vehicle, remove the key, wait ~3 seconds, start it again...the problem goes away and drives with no problem. Most of the time when driving and is about to happen (this rough 'jump') I hear a "click" sound in the main console to the right of the drivers seat, maybe around the stick.
I suspect two things: bad transmission solenoid and short circuit somewhere?
I would appreciate all your help!
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 8 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your questionOk, does your scan tool read transmission fault codes? Usually with the OD light flashing there will be a transmission fault code. For the P2138, you need to check the wiring and wiring is good, then likely a faulty ECM. I have attached the testing procedure for this code
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 8 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Eric for your response. This weekend I want to check and try the procedures that you mentioned and I surely will post my findings.
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 8 months ago.
Hi,Ok, sounds good