Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Auto Mechanic
Experience:  35+ years experience transmission repair
2617050

You shift into reverse and car will not go. This happened one

Customer Question

you shift into reverse and car will not go. This happened one day and then the next day the car will no go faster than 20mph
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
waiting for answer
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 8 months ago.
Hi, the car is going into limp-in mode because the transmission controller has detected a problem and you will need to have the transmission controller accessed with a scan tool to narrow down to where the problem is.Have you had a shop look at it yet?
Hi,The reason it needs to have the codes retrieved is because it isnt always just one thing that causes this issue and you dont want to just guess. I wish i could give more but i can just guess.Hope you understand.Larry