Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

Transmission is slipping. Test shows the codes p0073 JA:

Customer Question

Transmission is slipping. Test shows the codes p0073
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: Not sure. All the codes were p0562,p0073,p0700,p0841 the car is a 2004 Chrystler Sebring 2.7 lxi the first message cut iff sorry
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Car has been pretty much fine outside of that. No other issues. The slipping occurs a little more frequent when its colder outside
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Transmission Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Car has 81,719 miles on it.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Transmission Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Slipping means the rpms rev up high and fast but speed does not increase equal. If that is what is occurring that means the result is now burnt clutch packs and bands which means an overhaul has to be done. To find the cause so that is addressed as well at the same time, we need to diagnose the codes. 0073 means the ambient air temp sensor is reading incorrect.0562 means the battery voltage was to low at some point.0841 means the trans LR pressure sensor switch is not working.0700 means there are transmission codes stored.Would you like the diag steps for these codes? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris