Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Chrysler 2Sebring convertable Ltd: 2008 sebring ltd convertabl

Customer Question

2008 sebring ltd convertabl 3,6, transmission intermitantly hesitates and thumps cahanging gears
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to determine if the transmission shift problem you are describing is an internal concern or an electronic control issue the first thing that needs to be done is to scan the system and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
CarMax had it twice for a wk.each time. 1st x put,in new modules/sensors. 2nd x supposedly changed out tranny. Both xs worked for a while then same symptoms returned with the loose sounding front end noises. Like something wrong with A-frame or front struts when weight is shifting around turns or on hills. Is there some kind of connection going on here being front wheel drive and all ????? Also, why would this car have needed new motor mounts and struts at 54000 miles????
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
PS car only. Has 59300+ miles on it now
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Your would not normally need new mounts at 54000 miles and they where likely just guessing. If it feels like something is shifting then its likely something is and the mounts would have been suspect but not with such low miles. So Are you saying your not getting any fault codes either?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
There is a service bulletin that deals with a hash shift and down shift that Chrysler has released that may be related to this issue if its is the transmission that calls for reprogramming the computer. See it in the link below and see if this applies. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Door%20wiring%20Apr%205.pdf