sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

2011 3500 chevy duramax shift issues. it wont move took it

Customer Question

2011 3500 chevy duramax shift issues. it wont move took it to a gm dealer and they replaced the wire harness and the tcm. still the same problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when you select a gear it sometimes doesn't show what gear its in and wants you to reset it by putting it in nuetral
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!IF the wiring harness and TCM have been replaced then that would leave only an internal transmission failure or mechanical failure in the rear differential as possible causes for the truck not moving.With the trans in park are you able to push the truck or do you feel a hard mechanical lock?Are any fault codes setting in the TCM?