Marty
Marty, Bosch Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch certified master technician. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

E350: How to reset a 2009 Mercedes e350 transmission ?

Customer Question

How to reset a 2009 Mercedes e350 transmission ?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
What is the problem that you are having with the transmission?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car goes straight to 3rd gear and stuck there , it would not change . So I start the car pull the lever to drive then it jerks like its gonna jump , and it would not change
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
You cannot reset anything. Turning the car off and back on may temporarily relieve the problem but it will continue to go into limp home mode. You will need to replace the electronics plate in the transmission in order to repair the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What electronic plate and how much it cost
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Inside the transmission there is an electronics plate that contains the speed sensors for the transmission. When this plate fails it causes the problems that you are having. Approximate cost to replace the electronics plate is $1250. The plate will require programming with the Mercedes tester after installation. This work can typically only be performed by a Mercedes dealer although some independent Mercedes specialists are able to do the work.Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.