Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

I own a Saab 95 V6 2002. My tranny is stuck on second and

Customer Question

I own a Saab 95 V6 2002. My tranny is stuck on second and fifth gears so that means I need a new one, CEL and Gear light on, Ive managed drive it like that for the past 6 months for financial reasons. This morning it didnt crank up, I just heard a clicking noise coming from the front, the battery is fairly new, radio, ac, etc work and hear the fuel pump make the noise when I turn the key on. I read it could be the neutral safety switch. If so, is it worth try to fix it? Do you think it is related to the fact that the tranny is messed up? Any thoughts?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The no crank condition is not likely related to the transmission concern. Before you consider not fixing it start first with making sure the battery is fully charged and the connections are clean and tight and if so, take a 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and at the starter check and see if you are getting battery voltage on both wires at the starter while having a helper hold the key in the crank position. If you find you have battery voltage on both wire and it still will not crank then that usually means the starter has failed. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.