Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

I'm getting an OX64 and an OX53 code. The car isn't shifting

Customer Question

I'm getting an OX64 and an OX53 code. The car isn't shifting properly. You have to go back and forth between gears to get it to shift. It's a 1998 BMW 528i. Just wondering what these codes are.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: factory
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: great
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the BMW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thank you
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

These code numbers do not match any codes this model can store. A transmission code looks like P0731 or 100. How did you get these codes?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris