Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2005 saab 9-5 2.3 turbo.Car runs and drives great when cold

Customer Question

2005 saab 9-5 2.3 turbo.Car runs and drives great when cold and shifts properly as long as you keep it in drive. As soon as you put the vehicle in reverse the car starts shifting eratically and wont stop until you park the car and let it cool down again?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi Brian, My name is ***** ***** will be glad to try to help. First verify if there was any burnt fluid or smell to the fluid or discoloration and signs of fine metal indicating internal problems requiring disassembly for repair. If clean try having the TCM reprogrammed/reflashed with the most current updated software as there were certain years that had a TSB for software issues causing shift problems. Let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
CouldHappy done by anybody or does it have to be a Saab dealer

I am not sure if an independent transmission shop has access to the software. usually it is exclusive to the dealer.

Call in with your VIN and see if there are any TSB Technical service bulletins for your VIN on this issue.