Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Recently installed a reman trans in '05 Ford Taurus and

Customer Question

Recently installed a reman trans in '05 Ford Taurus and still getting the check transmission indication. It will not shift from 3rd to overdrive. We changed the TRS.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm not sure what more i can tell other than that's what it was doing before it finally quit.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It's at a shop. I would like to be of some assistance this vehicle has been in shop since January.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: OVH with the AX4N trans.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. When its time to 3-4 shift does it go to neutral or not even attempt?
  2. Do you know which codes are stored?
  3. Was this reman from a Ford dealer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I ma on the back end of the flu and have a horrible cough. I am putting off calls for a few more days. Though I can still type and help here.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the car to a local AAMCO. They have diagnose the problem and found it is a defective unit with no third gear. ETE has been contacted and they are sending another unit.

Glad you got it resolved.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris