xsvectOR
xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase
6149662

My name is ozzie. Jeep liberty 04 't shift pass 2 gear. I

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** liberty 04 don't shift pass 2 gear.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can drive it. But when I go over 45 mph it rides rough. Mechanic thinks I need to rebuild the transmission.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 8 months ago.

Is the engine light on?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
code 0700
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 8 months ago.

are you scanning with a generic code reader? po700 is just telling you that there is stored codes in the transmission control module.. A better scan tool that can communicate with the tcm would be needed to retrieve those codes

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll get more information tomorrow from the shop. They scanned it. Was told transmission needs rebuild 1800 to 2000. Would it be better to buy a used transmission. And put it on.
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 8 months ago.

its usually cheaper.. they seem to hold up better then a rebuilt unit.. for a used one try www.car-part.com