Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

2007 Tundra Stuck in 4 lo. I drove it yesterday putting it

Customer Question

2007 Tundra Stuck in 4 lo. I drove it yesterday putting it in 4 lo for a few feet then back in 2wd. Today when I started it up it is in 4 lo. I have tried turning the selector knob what trans in neutral. Still in 4 lo
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the trans in neutral and turning the selector knob. Also driving some in drive, reverse, and select shift
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: The check engine light came on at the same time. The check engine came on a couple of weeks ago, but went off before I could get it read
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common cause for the problem you are having can be caused by a sticking and or failed Transfer Case Actuator Motor but in order to determine if in fact that is the problem you are going to need to start first with scanning the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting . If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to determine the cause. In the mean time you may want to try taking a small hammer and lightly tap on the motor to see if it will beak loos and allow you to shift out of 4 low.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes. That coorected the problem
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well.