Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

Just changed my solenoid and my 2008 Explorer still seems to

Customer Question

Hello. Just changed my solenoid and my 2008 Explorer still seems to rev in 1st before the shift. Video I used talks about the car learning to do this again after the change. It also talks about resetting the PCM to allow that to happen. Doesn't shift poorly all the time. Is it something else or should I reset the PCM per the video and be patient?
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pressure control solenoid
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Since you have the 4.0 you should have a 5 speed 5R55S not the 6R60 transmission. Can you do a band adjustment. The OD band is used for the 1-2 shift. I would adjust both bands. This model is known for band issues and an adjustment may put off the need to overhaul the servo bores. After your done remove both battery cables and hold them together for one minute then reconnect. Shift to each gear running but not moving. Stop in each gear for 5 seconds, hitting each gear*****up to 55mph as slow as you can then slow down braking to a stop as slow as you can. Do that 3 times. Then hopefully this issue is gone.

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris