Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2010 mazda 3 2.0 5sp. automatic 42,000 miles... replaced

Customer Question

2010 mazda 3 2.0 5sp. automatic 42,000 miles... replaced engine due to broken rod, decided to flush tranny and change filter while i was at it as it looked really brown and didnt smell good. throwing a p0771 (shift solenoid e performance stuck off) flushed and refilled tranny again...no change...the pan was real clean and there wasnt anything alarming on the magnet. i dropped the pan again and swapped solenoid d & e as they are interchangeable...still throwing the p0771 code. when the tranny gets warm it seems to hesitate and when i put in reverse you have to push the gas a little to get it to engage, then if you let off the gas it will disengage again...the warmer it gets the more erratic the shifting becomes when driving...it seems kinda like a pressure issue to me but it isnt throwing a pressure solenoid code at all? only the p0771
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

there is no pressure solenoid for reverse. that is a mechanical issue and has no codes for mechanical failures. it sounds like either the clutches or seals or a drum could be the failure..

as far as the solenoids, it may be the valve body rather than the solenoids. the brown fluid may have varnished the vale and it may be sticking

Roy