Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

1996 ram van 1500. Trans in limp mode. Worked in extreme

Customer Question

1996 ram van 1500. Trans in limp mode. Worked in extreme cold or wet weather. Weather warmed up, tranny went back to limp mode. Got the bright idea to spray water here and there under the lucky and sprayed a connecter located near steering column ( 5 wires). Worked great until water evaporated, then had to pull over and spray again. Did this for a few months til I had the brilliant idea to just remove the connector and splice the wires together. Since then its stayed in limp mode. I checked my slice job and its all good. On another note, I noticed my a/c relay was all corroded and wasted. I ordered a new part but haven;t picked it up yet. See if you can make sense of this 'head-banger' for me. Thank you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is Pete.Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set?Let me know so we can continue.Thanks Pete