Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I recently had some work done on my 2001 lancer

Customer Question

Hi i recently had some work done on my 2001 lancer transmission, a new conversion kit was install with new parts but it seems like the guy who did the work did a bad job. First the car was giving problems accelerating, he corrected this to some extent, I drove home the car and then it had problems starting. I got that fix, now there seems to be a bigger issue, the car is not reversing, only going forward and the neutral light blinks when the vehicle is in drive.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i am trying
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: i spoke to a specialist he change some sensors and say there is a possibility the guy who worked on it messed it up really bad
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

It is likely the trans has been internally damaged based on the repeat repairs needed. So far pre-diag the issue looks to be with the transmission range sensor. Are you planning to do the diag and repairs yourself?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris