Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Will a 98 chevy 4x4 transmision and transfer case bolt up to

Customer Question

will a 98 chevy 4x4 transmision and transfer case bolt up to a 2000 chevy 4x4 with the 460le transmision. the 98 has the push button 4x4 switching but its to the right of steering wheel where the other is to the left of steering will not sure what motor was in that truck but i do have the truck would a vin number on both tell you ?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** send me the VIN numbers. Do you know which transfer cases are in the vehicles?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hey got to buisy with wrk but give me few mins and i will go get both vin numbers and transfer case what ever and send it to you.i have both trucks here just got tranymision/transfercase out in one peice on the 98 wont happen on mine i dont think because mine has like a 9 inch lift so i dont want to mess with cross member its differant from 98 in that the toursion bars hook up to my tranny mount and on the 98 it has a cross member then the cross member for torsion bars. i do notice that the tail shaft is differant the 98 being longer was hoping to put up and into mine as one unit not splitting the two.

Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Once I have the VIN numbers that will help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hey i got it and will get your rating soon as it pops up thank