Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

A 2004 Grand Prix GTP. Had the engine replaced with a used

Customer Question

A 2004 Grand Prix GTP. Had the engine replaced with a used one. Now the tranny does not downshift on hard acceleration.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hoping to self repair. Getting on the freeway onramp, for example, floor the pedal. There is nice acceleration but the tranny should drop to a lower gear but does not.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: Don't think so. I checked the supercharger actuator- it holds vacuum. Traansmission works ok, overall.
JA: Our top Pontiac Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Pontiac Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Pontiac Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the shifting of the trans is dependent on the throttle position sensor reading. if it is off by more than .2 volts, it will effect shifting. can you check this voltage??? do you have a scan tool??

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Roy,Thank you. I do have a scan tool/code reader and a multi meter, what's next?
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.

I need the tps voltage on the data???