Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

98 ford expedition code p1729 4x4 switch low circuit.

Customer Question

98 ford expedition code p1729 4x4 switch low circuit. transmission shifts to 0/d by 25 mph o/d light flashes,4x4 switch no 4hi or 4low light power down to 4x4 encoder motor.fuses ok.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello i forgot to tell you i am a tech in a shop and we are working on this vehicle now so i need someone who can help me asap..i cant wait for a day...thanks
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service to you, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased with my assistance and will rate me Good or Excellent.

Your transmission is shifting this way because the PCM believes your in low range. Can you perform the tests below?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Please make sure to complete the rating 1-5 STARS on your screen when your pleased. The email survey is for the website, it does not compensate me.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need a tech who can answer me during the day today as the vehicle is on our hoist..thats why i paid extra for urgent response
I need the wiring diagram from the 4x4 switch to the transfer case i know what the wire color is thats power at the plug to the encoder motor.