sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

My transmission seem to be lurching at low rpm. It works fin

Customer Question

My transmission seem to be lurching at low rpm. It works fin as son as i'm above 2rpm. also i can be driving and the car will randomly loose power. all the dash lights will come on and then it just seems to stall. then it will catch and start running again
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if its a s relay or something like that... maybe. i just would like to have some sort of idea before i talk to my mechanic or rather take it to a transmission specialist
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Chrysler Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chrysler Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chrysler Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The lights coming on and engine dying may be happening because multiple modules including the powertrain control module are losing power. If the PCM loses power then the engine will die, you'll see warning lights for each respective module come on if it isn't communicating with the instrument cluster.

What year and model is the vehicle?