sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

06 freestyle comes back several times code po 701 then

Customer Question

06 freestyle comes back several times code po 701 then wrench lite comes on and goes into limp mode been thru trans several times different valve body and computer still keeps happening clear code problem gone couple days
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just did tell you
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes we r a trans shop sams transmissions aurora il
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: rebuilding it three times different valve body and computer different converter
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Transmission Mechanic should know about your transmission?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Transmission Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0701 ets when the TCM has seen an issues, sets a fault code and the trans goes into limp in. This code just means that the trans has gone into limp in and won't set on it's own. Do you know the rest of the codes that are setting?