Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

I am working on a 2001 Audi Allroad that doesn't engage into

Customer Question

I am working on a 2001 Audi Allroad that doesn't engage into gear under regular R.P.M s, it will engage into gear with high revs. I have a 18032 code MIL Request Signal Active (Check TCM for error). I replaced the TCM with same part number from a know running vehicle and I still have the same transmission issue. With the TCM unplugged the trans will engage into gear at low r.pm. s
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: As I stated I have replaced the TCM.
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: The vehicle is showing numerous codes related to exhaust and firing
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

The issue is that you need vag com to scan the trans module to see what errors are stored. these older systems code readers do not do a real good of scanning other modules.

What scan tool do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a vag-com
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Either that or the factory scan tool will be needed to get to the bottom of this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang