Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

Rebuilt a 2005 transmission and it still had a shaking

Customer Question

Rebuilt a 2005 transmission and it still had a shaking problem
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's a 2005 Ford interceptor with 5w7p AA sticker on the tranny. My guy replaced all the components inside and it still herks after about 10 miles down the road. He said it's a 4r75 transmission
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. But trying to help him find out what's going on with it. Rebuilt the whole transmission
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Just if there's a difference between 4r75 type and a 5w7p AA type transmission
JA: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What else could it be?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Can you give me a little more detail?
  2. At what speed, which gear, or which shift is resulting in the shaking?
  3. Is it a single jerk, a fast vibration, or more like the vehicle has the hiccups?
  4. Does it seem to occur most in 4th / OD on a slight uphill around 45mph bogging it down to where it almost downshifts to 3rd?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The guy working on it has it. He said he drove it after he replaced everything in it and it started jerking again. Didn't specify gear or speed. Does it matter if it has the 5w7pAA sticker on transmission? He said its a 4r75w transmission
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Does it need specially designed parts for the 5w7pAA or are they the same as 4r75w

5W7P-7000-AA is the Ford part number for the transmission.

4R75W is the model of the transmission.

Do you recall what it was doing prior to sending it to the shop?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Same thing. Jerked after coming out of third. Then replaced the components except valve body. Then it wouldn't go in first. Then replaced valve body n went into shifted fine then started jerking again, same as before he replaced everything.

So the jerk occurs during the 3-4 shift or one in 4th?

Is it a single jerk or multiple and random ones?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Must be multiple like before

There is a good chance this is not even the transmission to blame. Has anyone ran a power balance test or checked mode 6 data to see if you have a misfire occurring from weak coils.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris