Edward, Automatic and Manual transmission rebuilder
Experience:  I have rebuilt various transmissions from Ford and GM and some imports.

2001 e 430 transmission in limp mode. How do I clear codes

Customer Question

2001 e 430 transmission in limp mode. How do I clear codes without expensive
diagnostic tools or taking it to A mechanic .
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do all I can to help. First thing you can try is this, disconnect the positive and negative battery terminal from the battery, leave them off for about 30 minutes if possible, then duct tape or clamp the terminals together, physically touch the positive and negative cables together away from the battery, leave them taped together for about 15 minutes. this will usually clear all the modules of codes, unless it's a hard fault and the computer see's the fault right away. Try that, and see if that helps, If it doesn't, stop by a local auto parts store, ask them to borrow their best scanner, and you can clear them that way. They will usually let you borrow it for a deposit that you can get back when you bring the scanner back, or if you can make it to an Oreilly or Advance or Auto Zone, they will usually come out and scan it for you and let you know what is stored. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Was checking on you to see if you needed anything else. Thank you.