Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

SERVICE ADVISOR AT A GM DEALERSHIP, TRYING TO HELP ALADY

Customer Question

HI PEARL
JA: What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I'M A SERVICE ADVISOR AT A GM DEALERSHIP, TRYING TO HELP ALADY DIAGNOSE A TRANNY PROBLEM ON HER 05 COBALT
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: SHIFTS HARD FROM FIRST TO SECOND, THEN RUNS AT ABOUT 3500 RPMS AT 55 MPH ON THE HIHWAY
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: NO WE'RE AA GM DEALER, ALL MY TECHS ARE AT LUNGH AND I NEED TO GIVE HER SOME IDEA OF A BUDGET
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: WE THINK IT MAY BE A PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID OR SOMETHING IN THE WIRING HARNESS
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I used to work for a GM dealer for 17 years.

This can be caused by a shift solenoid at fault or an issue with the transmission valve body in some cases.Cost can run anywhere from around $300 to over $1500 to repair all depending on which component is at fault.Pressure control solenoid is a possibility as well.

The only way to be sure of course as you know,is to have a tech plug in the Tech 2 scan tool to read out the codes then the codes diagnosed from there to locate the fault.

These are some of the common issues for this fault here though and hope this helps.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete