Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

The car just was serviced and the transmission seal kit was

Customer Question

The car just was serviced and the transmission seal kit was done now in low gear (1) it makes a strange noise like honking sort of. also the light is there in the gear box but not lighting up the gears to see what gear you are in
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately with out being there to hear the noise you are describing its going to be very hard to determine the cause. That being said, since you just had the transmission worked on then I would consider returning to the shop that did the repair and have them recheck there work including the fluid level. It sound like something they dis was not done correctly and needs to be rechecked to determine the cause..