Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

I have a 2006 dodge charger that was a police car. The

Customer Question

I have a 2006 dodge charger that was a police car. The transmission was not down shifting properly so Took it to the dodge place and they said that the transmission needed to be rebuilt. I Purchased a re-manufactured transmission from Jasper and installed it and it is doing the same thing. It up shifts fine but when you come to a stop it is like it is in 3rd or fourth gear and it doesn't down shift until you come to a stop. You can push the auto stick button and it will shift up and down just fine but some days the auto stick works and some days it doesn't. Every so often the check engine light comes on and sets a code po462 and while the light is on and the code is set the transmission works perfectly. As soon as the light goes off the the transmission back to not down shifting.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

do you ever have trouble with the instrument cluster?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i haven't yet that I have noticed

sorry,i have been off line.

the code you are getting is for the fuel level sender,,i would think that your problem is one of two possible things

1-the instrument cluster or..

2- the ignition switch,,

either may make the transmission act up as it is

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sncwg4j454h9z4d/0312-charger-P0462.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/sncwg4j454h9z4d/0312-charger-P0462.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help