Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. repairing vehicles. Factory trained Nissan and Subaru Technician.
2921078

Can't separate trans from engine 07 spectra, Replacing

Customer Question

Can't separate trans from engine 07 spectra
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Replacing clutch. All boits are removed. Trans seems to be stuck: can separate about half inch but keeps springing back to engine bell housing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

On these you have to remove the shift fork because the throw out bearing is snapped into the pressure plate. Removing the bolt from the top of the shift lever where it goes into the bell housing and taking it off the cable should allow for it to move freely, then you should be able to separate the engine and transmission.

Give it a try and let me know.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

Do you need further assistance with this?