AMEDEE
AMEDEE, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE TECH WITH ADVANCED LEVEL CERTIFICATION/L1 CERTIFICATION
279429

Last week I was in my 07 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7ltr driving and

Customer Question

Last week I was in my 07 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7ltr driving and it just shuts off so I get it started and now it's showing check engine light and throwing seven dtc codes and feels like the the truck is in a limp mode rough idle and literally no throttle push it to the floor engine does nothing so I checked all the codes and along with the throttle pos sensor I changed the PCM and the crankshaft and camshaft sensors and it went from idling rough and not having any throttle to nothing I'll try my best to explain. Normal vehicle = turn key on , dash lights up and u can hear the fuel pump kick on and the ignition click under the hood and then turn the key and the truck rolls over and fires My truck= turn key on dash lights up no fuel pump no ignition click under the hood and if u roll the key forward to fire nothing no click just nothing. I'm loosing my mind with this this my guess is to next change the ignition switch but honestly man I'm so running out of patience with this thing any help is greatly appreciated
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. If you can wait until tonight after I get off of work I can help walk you through this diagnoses. If not that's ok too just let me know. If you can send your vin that would be a big help! Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do u need the vin to reference which 5.7 is in it ?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

The VIN helps look up information for your vehicle

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1D7HU182X7S101070
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Ok thank you!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Have you checked power down at the starter?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did I have power there which is why my first gues is that the ignition switch isn't letting it past but I'm just beyond confused and frustrated oh and my trucks sitting in a parking lot at the local mall so it's a little hard to work on lol
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Can you talk on the phone now?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

If not, don't worry about it. I can help walk you through this diagnosis tonight when I get home from work.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

But I will give you some possible causes so you can start checking them now. If you do in fact have power down at the starter with the key in the crank position then ignition switch should be good. I would suspect a bad starter if this was the case.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

But if there is no power at the starter I'm trying to start the vehicle then I would suspect a bad ignition switch wireless ignition node, Bad transmission range sensor or wiring issue. Sometimes the integrated power distribution module under the hood goes bad causing this condition is well I've even come across other bad modules shorting out preventing the starting circuit from working. You can try to disconnect the battery cables from the battery and then reconnect them back up and see if the engine starts and runs. Sometimes these modules lock up and need to be reset

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

I'm at work now, I will try to check back in with you in about an hour. Please do some checking and let me know the results. I will talk to you soon good luck

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'll check thanks
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in with you now. Where you able to get any results when doing these tests/checks?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Will check back with you in a bit!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing yet still working on it
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello! Just letting you know I just got home from work. I will be on line the rest of the night. Talk to you soon!