Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

My name is ***** ***** my car starts to jump when I switch

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my car starts to jump when I switch gears and I have no clue what it is
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 06 Chrysler Pacifica and it's like when I switch gears to eat a reverse or drive and hold to break it starts to jump or when I stop at a stop light or stop sign and then I wait a little bit I hear the engine start to run and then it starts to jump while I have my foot on the brake
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a possible engine misfire causing this fault here.This can cause a jolt feel like this causing this issue.If the check engine light has come on with this fault here at all the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out to see what codes are set using a scan tool that is compatible with your model here.Any codes set would need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.I have seen ignition coil failure cause a fault like this.If this is not a misfire in the engine let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete