Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Has code p0715 stays in 3rd gear, input speed sensor reads

Customer Question

has code p0715 stays in 3rd gear
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: input speed sensor reads high then 0 changed input speed sensor does the same thing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you wit the fault code you are getting we need to know what your working on, year, make and model as well as engine size. Post back with complete information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2002 hyundai santa fe 2.7 liter engine
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hyundai has released a service bulletin dealing with the code you are getting that can be set due to a failing input speed sensor or output speed sensor. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review as its is very likely the cause of the problem you are having. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Speed%20sensor%20Mar%209.pdf