sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I got a 2001 honda civic lx 1.7 automatic I went thru some

Customer Question

I got a 2001 honda civic lx 1.7 automatic I went thru some high water and I'm getting a incorrect gear ratio code an shift solenoid a an b an torque converter codes I replaced torque converter shift solenoid a an b new fluid an a tcc sensor an the drive 4 lite is flashing is my pcm bad or is the tranny bad I've spent 700bucks an the same problem what do I do
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes mame
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: A an b shift solenoid tcc solenoid new torque converter new synthetic fluid
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

What are those code numbers you speak of?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't remember all the codes but it told me it needed a tcc sensor a a and b shift solenoid I put new torque converter and new synthetic transmission fluid and I cleared the codes and the car will not move and drive 4 light is blinking it started when I went threw high water

Sorry, but I won't be able to help you. I'll opt out so other experts may try. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will send you back to me.

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 9 months ago.

Hello, have you had a chance to get the codesscanned again?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is throwing a po1773 now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's making a noise like a electrical wining noise I'm trying to figure out if my tranny is shot or the pcm is burnt out I've spent 700bucks on this transmission an it's doing the same thing
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This code is for pressure control solenoid B and can be caused by the solenoid, PCM, or the solenoid's wiring.

You mentioned replacing shift solenoid B but this code is for pressure control. Was it shift solenoid B or pressure control solenoid B that you replaced? The pressure control solenoids are to the car's right of the shift solenoids.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I replaced the a an b shift solenoids an the tcc sensor those codes went away now it's throwing this code

This code is for pressure control solenoid B and will either be the solenoid, wiring, or connections, it's possible that the problem could be in the PCM but it's not likely. The solenoid itself would be most likely but wiring issues are possible.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks I will check it out
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would this make the car not shift gears when the tranny gets warm

Yes, it will cause the trans to go into limp in.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks would that cause d4 lite to flash also

Yes.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks I will try it

You're welcome!