Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Harsh shifting while accelerating in my 2005 Buick lacrosse,

Customer Question

harsh shifting while accelerating in my 2005 Buick lacrosse
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Bought car 4 months ago. Recently I've noticed when shifting into second and third gear, it free revs for about ten seconds, then jerks into second and third gear
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If your check engine light has come on with this fault here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.I have seen low transmission fluid due to a leak needing repaired and the fluid filled properly cause this as well as an internal mechanical fault in the transmission valve body or one of the solenoids in the valve body like a pressure control/regulating solenoid.

If you can get the fault codes checked and post the code info here this will help just let me know.You can usually get the codes read out at no cost at a local parts store like Auto Zone.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete