ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

I have a 1992 Mazda B2600 pickup with a automatic

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 1992 Mazda B2600 pickup with a automatic transmission. The transmission won't shift unless I let off the accelerator. The transmission was rebuilt and has low millage on it. I talked with the rebuilder and he suspects a sensor problem with the engine. The engine runs rough sometimes but not for long. There are no vacuum hoses going to the transmission , only electrical connectors and no kick down cable. It acts like a modulator , but there's nothing like that on this transmission. Would a TPS cause this problem.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

It sounds like the TP sensor is either faulty or needs to be adjusted. I have uploaded testing and adjustment procedure for you

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?